Sunday, April 11, 2004

Snapshots of Ourselves

1: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
"day. In one sense we can all relax, because" (Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment by Thaddeus Golas)

2: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
A bookshelf

3: What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Jim Lehrer's Newshour on PBS Friday night

4: WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is:
10:15

5: Now look at the clock; what is the actual time?
9:18

6: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Cafe Music by Paul Schoenfeld being played on From the Top, a classical music program for young people.

7: When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
A few minutes ago. Playing with plants on my deck.

8: Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
David's motorcycle on BlogAmy

9: What are you wearing?
Boxers

10: Did you dream last night?
No

11: When did you last laugh?
At dinner last night

12: What is on the walls of the room you are in?
From Right to left: a thermostat; an abstract painting; another abstract painting; a flying pig; a mirror; a moosehead made of paper mache; a candleabra; and a collection of stars of all sizes, and a bearskin rug. (It's a big room!)

13: Seen anything weird lately?
No.

14: What do you think of this quiz?
Interesting.

15: What is the last film you saw?
At home, on DVD, Sordid Lives

16: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A ticket out of here.

17: Tell me something about you that I don't know.
I'm a recovering Republican. Sober now for 36 years.

18: If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Distribute wealth among nations a little more equitably.

19: Do you like to dance?
More than my body does.

20: George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
Neither

21: Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Keziah

22: Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Alexander

23: Would you ever consider living abroad?
I'm moving to Paris as soon as I retire which will be between now and six years.

Okay, that's someone else's 23 questions. I think I'm going to come up with my own quiz of questions. Can't right now, I'm heading off to the 25th anniversary party of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence at Dolores Park in San Francisco. My best friend, Huntly, is their pope, Dementia I. He likes for me to drive him to their events because I have a black cadillac with lots of gold on it. I used to be afraid of going to their events. You know, lightening and all that. Why take chances. What if god doesn't have a sense of humor? Lord knows his followers don't. Then god spoke to me and told me it was alright, and that She would be there too. I'll take some pictures and report back tomorrow.

Last night Katie had her first seder. Not bad, all things considered. It's not exactly traditional to do a fifth night seder, but she's a working girl. The food was good, the Haggadah was awful. I think it was written by a friend of hers. The haggadah is the roadmap for the service. The biggest problem was too much of the writing was too small for these old eyes to see. The next problem was it was too "new agey." Since God is a Black lesbian, I don't think She matters if we occasionally slip and call her "He."

Happy Easter to all. I worked for two weeks on a "what do I believe as a Gay Christian" essay that I decided wasn't written well, despite my earnest desire to share my innermost feelings. Oh, well. I'm off to play.


No comments: