Tuesday, August 18, 2009

NUDE PICTURES OF BRAD PITT!

(That's called blog whoring. I don't have any pictures of Brad Pitt. Despite his rather beautiful body, I don't have any interest in pictures of Brad Pitt. I do, however, think that he is a very interesting man.)

Take his taste in women, for example. What's the name of his first wife, Jennifer Something-or-Another? That's not fair. I know who she is. She's all right. She just happened to be caught unawares when her man found another woman more stimulating. That's tough. Who among us haven't been caught there? Okay, so maybe it doesn't happen to everyone.

But back to Brad Pitt. You know what I find depressing? Brad Pitt is now playing parts I always imagined were filled by older, mature men. Men I looked up to when I was growing up. Fuck! I'm a hundred years older than Brad Pitt. He will always be the hitchhiker in Thelma and Louise. You have to appreciate his marketing of himself. First, he casts himself in that reverse aging movie which his people and Hollywood rewrote after appropriating the title of that story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Oh shit, you know the one. Something... Something ... Something... Oh yeah, now I remember: Something something or another an Benjamin Buttons. It's about someone who was born old and grew younger while everyone else grew older. I know I read that story about forty years ago, and I have no conscious memory of it, but I know that the movie subsequently made, only used the concept as they imagined it from the title of the story. Sort of like reading a book by its cover. I can't begin to tell you howmany times I made book reports in high school based on that idea. Oh sure, I read a lot of books in high school, hundreds if not thousands. Even so, I did not read every book for which I got credit. What can I say? I come from three hundred years (that we know of) of outlaws and con artists. It's in my blog, er, I mean, my blood.


I'm not sure where I'm going here, but what must we always be going somewheres? My point is, Brad Pitt should not be playing older, "mature" men. WTF does that make me? Dirt?

Okay, this is an aside: Brad Pitt impresses the hell out of me. I don't know him from shit, but he seems to be using his fame and celebrity to focus attention on areas that would otherwise never get any light. Take post-Katrina New Orleans. A lot of people "talk the talk," but not nearly as many "walk the walk." Thank you, Mr. Pitt.

I haven't written a fan letter since I was twelve, but bear witness, world, this is a fan letter to a remarkable young man who has done much to make the world a better place. Right on! Brother.

1 comment:

Wenchy said...

I am not fond of dear Brad...